At Raving, we believe in the spirit of giving and the importance of creating a positive impact on future generations. Through our charitable partnership with the Notah Begay III Foundation, we are committed to using our relationships in gaming to raise funds and awareness for their critically important work ensuring Native children achieve their full potential by advancing cultures of Native American community health.
Raving holds a variety of events throughout the year to increase support and awareness of the NB3 Foundation. These annual events include The Tribal Spirit of Giving Celebration, Native Strong Comedy Slam, Raving Insider Parties and a portion of each registration from Raving NEXT: Indian Gaming Analytics & Marketing Conference goes to the foundation.
NB3FIT WEEK is a National Week of Native Youth Health and Fitness. We call upon all tribes, communities, families, schools, organizations to host a youth health and fitness activity in your community during NB3FIT WEEK. Its simple: plan a physical activity event for your youth, select a day during NB3FIT Week, register your event below and have fun!
Together, we will engage Native youth and families in physical activity, nutrition and healthy-lifeways.
Register now and be a part of the largest national event to engage Native youth in physical activity at one time! Native American children will know that we support and encourage their health and fitness journey.
This event is about inspiring youth and families to activate their healthy lifestyle. Join us now and be a part of a Movement to Move. It is up to us to ensure that our children grow up at a healthy weight, eat right, drink lots of water and stay active.
Why is this important now? Five Facts to Consider:
- At current rates, one out of two Native children born since 2000 will develop type 2 diabetes.
- Obesity is the leading contributing factor to type 2 diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes may reduce a child’s life expectancy by 27 years.
- 81% of Native adults are overweight or obese and 45% of 2-5 year olds are overweight.
- Death rate of Native Americans with diabetes is 3 times higher than the general U.S. population.
NB3FIT Week Goals:
- Engage 12,000 Native American youth across the country in physical activity for a minimum of one hour that week
- Promote drinking pure water
- Promote eating healthy foods