Why it’s important to update this for all of the businesses you operate
During the recent shutdown and reopening of businesses, it became apparent that many needed assistance gaining access to their Google My Business listing. This could have happened for a number of reasons such as the person that originally claimed the listing is no longer with the business or the listing has never been claimed. It has never been more important to claim your page as one in two people who conduct a local search visit the location they search for that day, and 76% of people who search for something nearby on their smartphone visit a related business within a day.
Why is it important to have access to your Google My Business listing?
- You can update your business hours in almost real-time (Google approves all updated information)
- If your page isn’t claimed, users can suggest changes to your business that may not be true, e.g. “Buffet is Open,” when in fact, it is not
- Someone else can request ownership of your account and if the request is approved, they can make changes about your business, e.g. “Business is Closed”
- You can update your business photos, e.g. slot floor, casino entrance, etc.
- You can manage your reviews
- You can gain insights about your business from guests that may not have visited your website, e.g. listings on search vs. maps, customer actions (website visits, direction requests or calls)
Additionally, many casino properties can have more than one business listing. This usually coincides with a hotel, restaurant, waterpark, RV park or golf course. It is important to make sure you are aware of all Google My Business listings associated with your property.
How do I find out if my business is claimed?
Chances are that your business has been claimed and you just don’t know who owns the listing. But in some cases, the business has not been claimed. All you need to do is Google your business name and look at the listing info.
If your business is claimed, but you need to become the owner you will need to follow the steps as supplied by Google. The process can be a little painful, but it’s worth doing.
If you need assistance, the Catalyst team can help guide you through the process.