Vice President – Player Development and Guest Experience
Janet started her gaming career almost 35 years ago in Las Vegas as a Keno Runner, and quickly moved to management within Slot Operations. Her focus was training and coaching new hires. During this time, she helped create several departmental training manuals, as well as employee incentive programs.
Her career has taken her to Colorado, Oklahoma and Mississippi, before joining Raving as a Partner in 2015. Some of her accomplishments include: being a key player in creating and implementing the very first slot tournament in Colorado, as well as implementing a new Player Development and comp program for Chickasaw Nation, which is still in use to this day.
During her tenure with the Chickasaw Nation, she became involved with all aspects of marketing and expanded her experience in Hotel Management, system install, and auditing and gaming regulations, including consulting with Global Gaming Solutions.
In addition, she completed the Casino Management program at the University of Nevada, Reno, as well as courses at UNLV. With her rich experience, she provides Raving clients with continued support and training in the practical skills of marketing, promotions, special events, entertainment, hotel, table games and player development.
Latest Insights from Janet
- Everything Everywhere All at Once is a Movie, not a Blueprint for Hosts
- Five Observations from Five States in Five Months
- An Open Letter to Management
- Player Development Is a Team Sport – Why Our Biggest Obstacle is Something We Face Internally
- How to Deal With Stress and Difficult Guests
- How to Plan Using the 4 Ws and 1 H
- The Importance of Setting Boundaries for Hosts
- How Your Players Club Can Become Your Secret Sales Weapon
- The Importance of Ethics and Confidentiality in Hosting
- Three Areas of Marketing Influence that Can Help Your Organization