Raving Partner — Leadership and Tribal Member Development
Enrolled Tribal Citizen of Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe and Director of Leadership Development and Guest Services, Certified Enneagram Instructor
Paula has extensive experience working at all organizational levels creating, promoting, and delivering training solutions designed to support the organization’s goals, business plan, and mission. Paula is passionate about creating an interactive and enjoyable business environment that supports learning.
She is dedicated to giving Senior Leadership, Supervisors and Managers everything that they need to create a coaching environment where frontline team members feel completely supported by their leaders. As an enrolled Tribal citizen of the Jamestown S’Klallam Tribe in Sequim WA, she feels a responsibility to formulate programs for Tribes that put more focus on relationships with guests and coworkers, rather than the mechanics of the job.
Video Interviews & Roundtables
Paula has worked for her Tribal property, 7 Cedars Resort, for the last 28 years as the Retail Manager, adding Guest Service Manager to her resume 16 years ago and today she is dedicated to developing leaders. She successfully set the strategic training direction for the leaders at 7 Cedars and more than 500 employees follow the Guest Service program she implemented.
She’s initiated a coaching and leadership program with the Tribe’s Jamestown Family Health Center, helping them set up a Leadership and Patient Care Program as it pertains to the medical field. She has created the Tribal Guest Service Training Department “from the ground up,” leading functions such as leadership skills, self-evaluations, budgeting, staffing, needs assessment, curriculum design, and planning.
Paula, with full support of her Tribe, now offers her skills and services to other Tribal enterprises as well, always focusing on meeting the strategic needs of the organization.
Latest Insights from Paula
- Organizations Are Not Seeing How Hard Their Employees Are Working
- Are Yearly Reviews Effective?
- Leading Others: Why Building Relationships is a Foundational Quality that we Must Master
- Self-Development 2.0 Is About Taking a Holistic Approach to Leadership
- The Reality and Impacts in Extended Turbulent Times – Interview with Paula Allen
- Leadership and Guest Service
- Ensure Accountability and Strategic Readiness
- Leading Your Team Successfully Through Change
- Giving Your Tribal Members What They Need to Succeed
- Eight Steps to Creating a Leadership Program – Part II of II